Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2008/05/12 21:16:51 UTC

Xalan PMC members please read this

Fellow PMC members, the Apache board sent me a note recently which included
this paragraph:
<<
For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would much
appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy spelled out
at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the project
either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be (or had
been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the official
location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item on the
board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight has
been applied across the foundation.

I am not aware of any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries that
we distribute, that
have any cryptographic code.  Do you PMC members concur on that?

Please take this into consideration and respond on this mailing list,
hopefully within a few days.

Thanks,
- Brian Minchau

Re: Xalan PMC members please read this

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
On May 12, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Ramesh Babu Mandava wrote:

>> Hi, Brian.
>>
>> Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2008-05-12 03:16:51 PM:
>>> Fellow PMC members, the Apache board sent me a note recently which
>>> included this paragraph:
>>> <<
>>> For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would
>>> much
>>> appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy
>>> spelled out
>>> at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the
>>> project
>>> either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be
>> (or
>> had
>>> been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the
>>> official
>>> location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
>>> elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item
>>> on the
>>> board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight
>> has
>>> been applied across the foundation.
>>>>>

>>> I am not aware of any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries
>>> that we distribute, that
>>> have any cryptographic code. Do you PMC members concur on that?
>>
>> That is correct to the best of my knowledge.
>

>   I agree.

  So do I.

-- Santiago

Re: Xalan PMC members please read this

Posted by Ramesh Babu Mandava <Ra...@Sun.COM>.

> Hi, Brian.
>
> Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2008-05-12 03:16:51 PM:
> > Fellow PMC members, the Apache board sent me a note recently which
> > included this paragraph:
> > <<
> > For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would much
> > appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy spelled out
> > at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the project
> > either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be
> (or
> had
> > been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the official
> > location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
> > elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item on the
> > board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight
> has
> > been applied across the foundation.
> > >>

> > I am not aware of any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries
> > that we distribute, that
> > have any cryptographic code. Do you PMC members concur on that?
>
> That is correct to the best of my knowledge.

  I agree.

Regards
-Ramesh

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi, Brian.

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2008-05-12 03:16:51 PM:
> Fellow PMC members, the Apache board sent me a note recently which
> included this paragraph:
> <<
> For the coming board report, the board and legal committee would much
> appreciate your project reviewing the crypto export policy spelled out
> at http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html to determine that the project
> either either no encryption considerations, or if notices must be (or
had
> been) sent to the BIS and NSA, they have been documented at the official
> location http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/ for all encryption
> elements within the oversite of this PMC.  Adding a status item on the
> board report will help the legal committee to ensure this oversight has
> been applied across the foundation.
> >>

> I am not aware of any part of Xalan, either source code, or binaries
> that we distribute, that
> have any cryptographic code. Do you PMC members concur on that?

That is correct to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro
XML Transformation & Query Development
IBM Toronto Lab   T/L 313-6044;  Phone +1 905 413-6044
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com