Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 19:26:13 UTC

support for JSTL 1.2

Hi,

I'd like to contribute pom.xml for JSTL 1.2.1.
As far as I can see, the Sling supports 1.1.2 at the moment which doesn't seem to work with the JSP EL.

Re: support for JSTL 1.2 (SLING-2648)

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
another issue is with the function declarations

OLD
	<function>
		<name>findResources</name>
		<function-class>org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.SlingFunctions
		</function-class>
		<function-signature>java.util.Iterator
			findResources(org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceResolver,
			java.lang.String, java.lang.String)
		</function-signature>
	</function>

NEW

	<function>
		<name>findResources</name>
		<function-class>org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.SlingFunctions</function-class>
		<function-signature>java.util.Iterator findResources(org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceResolver, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)</function-signature>
	</function>

==> the function-signature must be on the same line

...so should I fix these issues as well?

Ondrej

Posted by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com>.
Ondrej,

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

RE: support for JSTL 1.2

Posted by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com>.
Ondrej,

Entirely agreed.  The 1.3 version of the taglibs is not yet released, so we can make changes as necessary.

Thanks,
Dan

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
Many Thanks Dan,

Re: getting JSTL to work

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

I found another issue which prevents JSTL to work correctly.

in launchpad/builder/src/main/bundles/list.xml
- org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jstl was missing
- org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib has wrong version

I added required patch to SLING-2863
=> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12584550/list.xml.patch

RE: support for JSTL 1.2

Re: support for JSTL 1.2

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Re: support for JSTL 1.2

Posted by Ondrej Florian <on...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

I added 1.2 because I just could't get JSTL 1.1 working with EL in Sling.
e.g. <c:forEach items="${list}" var="it"> would not work.

...maybe I am doing something wrong?

RE: support for JSTL 1.2

Posted by Dan Klco <da...@sixdimensions.com>.
Ondrej,