Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Administrator <ro...@dope-brothers.com> on 2004/04/21 18:54:36 UTC

Re[2]: The mirror's domain name changes.

Hello Joshua,

JS> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Administrator wrote:

>> Hello mirrors,
>>
>>    As some people find in somewhat offensive our current domain
>>    name, we have decided to put all our mirrors at more neutral
>>    wildyou.net. Please, change link for our mirror from
>>    http://apache.dope-brothers.com to http://apache.wildyou.net.
>>    And our logo is here: http://wildyou.net/img/100x34.gif
>>    Thanks in advance.
>>
>>    PS. My apologies, if you've received this message twice, I suspect
>>    delivery failure.

JS> Your mirror was previously removed from our mirror listing because it was
JS> innaccessible or out-of-date.  And, in fact, I can't access you mirror now
JS> either.

JS> If you can fix this and provide a reliable mirror, please resubmit your
JS> mirror using the usual procedures.

JS> Thanks.

JS> JOshua.

   That was due to slow DNS update. Now it seems all ok. Here's the
   mirrors details, add it to the list of mirrors, please:
   o URL: http://apache.wildyou.net
   o Country: Estonia
   o Email: root@wildyou.net
   o Updated twice per day
   o Approx. bandwidth: 100 Mbit
   o I have followed recommended configuration

   And logo is here: http://wildyou.net/img/100x34.gif, URL for it:
   http://wildyou.net.

--
Best regards,
 Administrator                            mailto:root@dope-brothers.com

Re[6]: The mirror's domain name changes.

Posted by Administrator <ro...@dope-brothers.com>.
Hello HOSTMASTER,

Monday, April 26, 2004, 5:36:30 AM, you wrote:

   What a strange thing could happened when doing several things at
   once... Thanks for such a detailed consultations. Hope there's
   nothing I could forget for now. If it is all ok with it now -- add
   it please to the list.

H> Administrator,

H> Glad i was able to help. There are a few  more things i can see that needs
H> to be fixed before Joshua will add you to the mirror list. Take a look at
H> your directory directive for the apache dist folder in your apache HTTPD
H> config file.

H> <Directory /path/to/mirror>
H>   IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
H>      ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
H>   HeaderName HEADER.html
H>   ReadmeName README.html
H>   AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
H>   Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
H> </Directory>
H> http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.htmlDoes your directive include all
H> of that?It appears that it is missing AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
H> IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst  /

H> also the permissions on your HEADER.html file in the main dist folder need
H> to be checked. HEADER.html is not being displayed when going to
H> http://apache.wildyou.net which is required. I came to this conclusion when
H> the HEADER.html file in the cocoon directory came up the way it should.
H> HEADER.html should just need read access if i am not mistaken. This can be
H> accomplished by running the command    chmod 400 HEADER.html  That should
H> fix the permission problem for that file.

It seems that this was caused by missing directives in config, not
permissions.

Re: Re[4]: The mirror's domain name changes.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Administrator wrote:
>     * URL of mirror: http://apache.wildyou.net;
>     * Country: Estonia;
>     * Contact e-mail: root@wildyou.net;
>     * Update frequency: twice a day;
>     * Approx. bandwidth: 100 Mb/s;
>     * Followed reccommended config: yep.)
>     And our logo is here: http://wildyou.net/img/100x34.gif

Thanks.  This will be in the next update.

Joshua.

Re[4]: The mirror's domain name changes.

Posted by Administrator <ro...@dope-brothers.com>.
Hello Andy,

Re: Re[2]: The mirror's domain name changes.