Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Grischa Brockhaus <ja...@grischa.de> on 2003/11/03 13:33:37 UTC

Problems using two "step inheritance" in portlet configuration

Hello.

I have upgraded from jetspeed 1.4-b4 to the final release today, but the
problem below was already there in the beta release.

In my local-portlets.xreg I have the following situation:

<registry>
    <!-- Template for small rss portlets without channel description but
with links in new browser -->
    <portlet-entry name="SMALLRSS" hidden="false" type="ref"
parent="RSS" application="false">
        <parameter name="openinpopup" value="true" hidden="false"/>
        <parameter name="showtitle" value="false" hidden="false"/>
    </portlet-entry>

    <!-- Tagesschau RSS -->
    <portlet-entry name="Tagesschau" hidden="false" type="ref"
parent="SMALLRSS" application="false">
        <url>http://www3.tagesschau.de/xml/tagesschau-meldungen/</url>
        <category>news</category>
            <title>Tagesschau Newsfeed</title>
            <description>Tagesschau Newsfeed</description>
    </portlet-entry>

</registry>

I want to define my own default parameter changes to the RSS portlet in
the SMALLRSS portlet configuration. But not all parameters are inherited
this way to the Tagesschau portlet. I.e. the Tagesschau portlet is not
shown in the rss  category. I have to copy and paste

<category>rss</category>

from the RSS portlet configuration to the SMALLRSS portlet
configuration. Is this a bug or a misunderstanding on my site?