Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/08/02 11:19:22 UTC

Tapestry bug

hi,

I've got a form with a PorpertySelection component and a submit component.

I've put "true" to the parameter submitOnChange of the propertySelection component.

When i change my PropertySelection i've got a javascript message error:
This object doesn't manage this property or method.

Is anyone have got this error message before?Is it a bug? How can i resolve it?

Thanks
Pierre-Alexandre

---------------------------------
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !

RE: test suite

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
You can find the test suite in CVS.

RE: Tapestry bug

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fi...@stubkjaer-adamsen.dk>.
Actually, DOM elements should be fetched via a function like:

  function getElement(id, doc) {
    if (doc != undefined) doc = eval(doc);
    else var doc = document;

    if (doc.layers) return doc[id];
    else if (doc.all) return doc.all[id];
    else if (doc.getElementById) return doc.getElementById(id);
  }

This should take care of some cross-browser issues.

-Filip S. Adamsen

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Interesting ... what happened is that the JavaScript referenced the
button as document.Form0.submit ... which conflicts with the submit()
function on the form object. Renaming it avoided the issue.

This could be a bug in Tapestry; it either should use the more recent
ways of locating DOM objects (getElementById) or it should be smarter
about the form element names it allocates to avoid these kind of name
collisions.

Re: Tapestry bug

Posted by secam secam <se...@yahoo.fr>.

---------------------------------