Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by An...@t-systems.com on 2011/09/28 10:17:52 UTC

Missing Method/Opeartion Parameters in WSDL

Hi,

I got a question regarding the WSDL generated by CXF:

Using a Java-first approach I want to use the generated WSDL (availabe under .../services/...?wsdl) to give third-party systems an description of my web service methods. But the WSDL looks very poor, because the Method/Operation Parameters are missing:

<wsdl:definitions name="RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester" targetNamespace="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans">
        <wsdl:import location="http://x.x.x.x/xyz/services/RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester?wsdl=RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester.wsdl" namespace="http://repurchaseresellnoreturn.xyz.de/">
        </wsdl:import>
                <wsdl:binding name="RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequesterSoapBinding" type="ns1:RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester">
                        <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
                                <wsdl:operation name="resell1">
                                        <soap:operation soapAction="" style="document"/>
                                        <wsdl:input name="resell1">
                                                <soap:body use="literal"/>
                                        </wsdl:input>
                                        <wsdl:output name="resell1Response">
                                                <soap:body use="literal"/>
                                        </wsdl:output>
                                </wsdl:operation>
[...]

Here is the Java Source:

@WebService
public interface RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester

[...]

@WebResult(name = "out", targetNamespace = "")
    @RequestWrapper(localName = "resell1", targetNamespace = "http://repurchaseresellnoreturn.xyz.de")
    @WebMethod(operationName = "resell1")
    @ResponseWrapper(localName = "resell1", targetNamespace = "http://repurchaseresellnoreturn.xyz.de")
    VORepurchaseResellNoReturnTransferContainer resell(@WebParam(name = "in0", targetNamespace = "") String fileNumber,
            @WebParam(name = "in1", targetNamespace = "") Date salesDate,
            @WebParam(name = "in2", targetNamespace = "") BigDecimal salesPrice,
            @WebParam(name = "in3", targetNamespace = "") String resellingCenter,
            @WebParam(name = "in4", targetNamespace = "") String centerIdType,
            @WebParam(name = "in5", targetNamespace = "") String sourceSystem);

And here is a part of the services.xml:

<bean id="aegisBean" class="org.apache.cxf.aegis.databinding.AegisDatabinding"
                scope="prototype" />

        <bean id="jaxws-and-aegis-service-factory" class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean"
                scope="prototype">
                <property name="dataBinding" ref="aegisBean" />
        </bean>

<jaxws:endpoint serviceName="RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester"
                address="/RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester">
                <jaxws:implementor>
                        <bean
                                class="de.xyz.repurchaseresellnoreturn.impl.RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequesterImpl" />
                </jaxws:implementor>
                <jaxws:serviceFactory>
                        <ref bean='jaxws-and-aegis-service-factory' />
                </jaxws:serviceFactory>

        </jaxws:endpoint>

Has anyone an idea, what I can do? I previouisly used XFire for the same Source and got an WSDL with definitions of all Parameters.

Thanks in advance!
André

AW: AW: AW: Missing Method/Opeartion Parameters in WSDL

Posted by An...@t-systems.com.
Hi Daniel,

thank you very much for your answer!

I added the targetNamespace (http://repurchaseresellnoreturn.xyz) annotation within the interface (package xyz.RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester) and the implementation class (package xyz.RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester.impl), but I still got the split WSDL.

However this is OK for me... I just wanted to understand.

Greetings
André

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
It has to do with the namespaces.....

The @WebService annotation on the "impl" class likely either doesn't have a
targetNamespace attribute (in which case it will derive from the package name
for the impl) or it's different than the targetNamespace for the SEI
interface.    Thus, the WSDL get's "split" with the stuff from the SEI going
into one (the portType and messages and such) and the stuff from the service
impl (binding and service) going into the other.   This is correct per jaxws
spec.

The easy "fix" is to add a targetNamespace attribute to the @WebService
annotation  to make it match the SEI.

Dan

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:50:52 PM Andre.Janus@t-systems.com wrote:
> Hi Freeman,
>
> thank you very much!!!
>
> After using http://x.x.x.x/xyz/services/RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester?
> wsdl=RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester.wsdl instead of
> http://x.x.x.x/xyz/services/
 RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester?wsdl I got
> the complete WSDL.
>
> I thought the "?wsdl" after the Service name is enough to get the complete
> WSDL. Why do I get only the binding part? That is diffenrent to the XFire
> behaviour or different to many other Web Services I know. However...with
> the other URL I got the complete WSDL and that´s wat I need. Thanks again!
>
> Greetings
> André

 ">

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.

 <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><wsdl:definitions name="RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester" targetNamespace="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans" xmlns:ns1="http://repurchaseresellnoreturn.xyz.de/" xmlns:ns3="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
[...]
      <soap:address location="http://x.x.x.x/xyz/services/RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester"/>
    </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>
I can't see the operations parameters are missing, what you pasted here is only the binding part.
I believe you can find all your parameters from http://x.x.x.x/xyz/ services/RepurchaseResellNoReturnRequester?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,