Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2010/09/03 05:15:41 UTC

partcover plugin

Hi,

I've been looking through the partcover plugin that Liit wrote last week.

I noticed that it is using a new dependency:
+    <dependency>
+      <groupId>eu.cedarsoft.utils</groupId>
+      <artifactId>zip</artifactId>
+      <version>1.3</version>
+    </dependency>

However, according to the website, that's under GPLv3 with the classpath exception. Since it's just for unzipping, can it be replaced with commons-compress or plexus-archiver?
It was also unclear why it was needed, since I don't see a templates.zip in the classloader for the plugin - it seems in a later revision this is created during the build, but couldn't it be possible to just copy the files directly from the resources?

Not as critical, but I notice that you have to hardcode the locations of the applications in your POM. Can these be defaulted to names in the PATH? We should also reuse the tools in dotnet-executable to locate them, which already exists for nunit-console. In the docs, it isn't clear that ${PartCover.exe} means they are meant to type in a path instead of literally ${PartCover.exe}.

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter