Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk> on 2001/09/17 23:40:07 UTC

problems with BerkeleyDB and apache

trying to use BerkeleyDB with Apache/1.3.21-dev, but I keep getting
"BerkeleyDB needs compatible versions of libdb & db.h ... you have db.h
version 3.1.17 and libdb version 2.4.14"

I have compiled BerkeleyDB to use db3, but apache is compiled to use db2,
could it be the reason?

It works just fine when I use BerkeleyDB without apache, but when I load
the module from an apache proces I got the error.

can I compile apache with db3 in any way?

- gustav

--
1st graffitiist: QUESTION AUTHORITY!   2nd graffitiist: Why?
Gustav Kristoffer Ek      http://ek.dk/      +45 20 40 00 05

Re: problems with BerkeleyDB and apache

Posted by Gustav Kristoffer Ek <st...@netcetera.dk>.
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

[...]
> try,
>
>   export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libdb3.so
>
> before you start apache.

It worked doing that. I first solved the problem by moving the db2 libs
and headers before I compiled, but you solution seams cleaner to me apart
from that I have to do it every time I start apache. What about compile
time options?

- gustav

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Gustav Kristoffer Ek wrote:

> trying to use BerkeleyDB with Apache/1.3.21-dev, but I keep getting
> "BerkeleyDB needs compatible versions of libdb & db.h ... you have db.h
> version 3.1.17 and libdb version 2.4.14"

try,

  export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libdb3.so

before you start apache.

(substitute with the correct path to the correct libdb3.so).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/         !try; do();
more than a billion impressions per week, http://valueclick.com