Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Саша <at...@nm.ru> on 2004/07/09 13:12:04 UTC

New repositories are wrong

Hello,

  I installed svn-1.0.5-setup.exe under WinMe and run svnserve.
  Than I tried to checkout the repository and got DB_RUNRECOVERY error.
  "svnadmin recover ..." returned the right number of the last revision,
  but checkout returned DB_RUNRECOVERY again.
  Than I created a new repository and tried it for checkout.
  And got DB_RUNRECOVERY again:(
  What may be wrong?

Sorry for my english,
 Sasha                          mailto:ata1@nm.ru

Re: New repositories are wrong

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 08:12, Саша wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I installed svn-1.0.5-setup.exe under WinMe and run svnserve.
>   Than I tried to checkout the repository and got DB_RUNRECOVERY error.
>   "svnadmin recover ..." returned the right number of the last revision,
>   but checkout returned DB_RUNRECOVERY again.
>   Than I created a new repository and tried it for checkout.
>   And got DB_RUNRECOVERY again:(
>   What may be wrong?

BerkeleyDB doesn't work on DOS-based systems.  You can use a Subversion
client just fine, but you can't create or access a repository.

Re: New repositories are wrong

Posted by Stefan <st...@tigris.org>.
Саша wrote:

>   I installed svn-1.0.5-setup.exe under WinMe and run svnserve.
>   Than I tried to checkout the repository and got DB_RUNRECOVERY error.
>   "svnadmin recover ..." returned the right number of the last revision,
>   but checkout returned DB_RUNRECOVERY again.
>   Than I created a new repository and tried it for checkout.
>   And got DB_RUNRECOVERY again:(
>   What may be wrong?

You're using the wrong OS. AFAIK the berkeley db doesn't work on
Win98/Me - only on WinNT systems (and Linux of course).

Stefan