Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2010/10/21 13:42:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] upgrade to maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6

Hi!

As I explained in MYFACES-2953 [1], we should upgrade to maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6

To make this happen, I've already tweaked, committed and deployed

* checkstyle-rules https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/other/checkstyle-rules

* myfaces-master-pom https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-master-pom/trunk

I have tested but NOT committed the upgrade to myfaces-parent-10-SNAPSHOT in myfacs core + shared since I didn't want to break those builds. They are working for me locally!

Would be nice if a few folks could test my changes by building MyFaces with mvn-3 too! Afterwards we can beg Leo to do the whole master pom release chain for us :D

Are there any other things for parent-10 which can be done now?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-2953

Re: [DISCUSS] upgrade to maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2010/10/21 Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>

> Hi!
>
> As I explained in MYFACES-2953 [1], we should upgrade to
> maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.6
>
> To make this happen, I've already tweaked, committed and deployed
>
> * checkstyle-rules
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/other/checkstyle-rules
>
> * myfaces-master-pom
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-master-pom/trunk
>

> I have tested but NOT committed the upgrade to myfaces-parent-10-SNAPSHOT
> in myfacs core + shared since I didn't want to break those builds. They are
> working for me locally!
>
> Would be nice if a few folks could test my changes by building MyFaces with
> mvn-3 too! Afterwards we can beg Leo to do the whole master pom release
> chain for us :D
>
> Are there any other things for parent-10 which can be done now?

I would like to wait some time while maven 3 becomes more stable. The most
critical problem to do an upgrade is the site plugin used in maven 3.0 is
different for the one used in 2.2.x, so before do that we need to do the
same as before, test site generation for all projects. Note that maven site
plugin for 3.0 is still on 3.0-beta-3. See

https://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html

For details.

Leonardo Uribe