Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Arve Klev <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/06 17:08:06 UTC

Re: Frontend Frameworks / Libraries

 Hello.
Yes it is VERY easy to to use AngularJS (or eg. Highchart/Raphael/JChart)
with Tapestry 5.4.
Use Tapestry as usual and let different pages do what you want (eg. one
page as an AngularJS SPA).
Every page use the same Layout component.

1. Place angular.js in src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/angular.js
2. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/angular-bootstrap.js
that bootstrap angular and your own angular code
3. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/my-angular-code.js
4. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/assets/my-angular-code.css for
decoration
5. Import angular-bootstrap.js and my-angular-code.css in your class-file:
@Import(module = { "angular-bootstrap" }, stylesheet = {
"my-angular-code.css" })

I have a running example here: http://tap54-arvek.rhcloud.com
The code at GitHub:
https://github.com/arvek-xx/tapestry54-javascript-examples

In the "NgPhones"-page, I use a rest-service to retrieve data.

Sincerely, Arve Klev

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.
It's a powerful feature. The best of both worlds!

François

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Oh, must add that hacking together a pre-rendering PhantomJS engine with T5
is relatively simple. I've implemented one for rendering thumbnails of SVG
graphs, complete with PhantomJS auto-install and a dedicated thread pool;
it worked great for the purpose.

Kalle

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Kalle Korhonen <kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com

Posted by Harry Zhou <su...@gmail.com>.
Ah, thanks so much for the tip! I did embed the files, which really bloated
up the app. Will try out the duo app approach; makes lots of sense.

--
Best Regards
    Harry Zhou

Re: Frontend Frameworks / Libraries

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harry Zhou <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kalle,

Would appreciate your advice on how to setup Ember for T5.4. I imagine the
way would be defining an init module that requires via shim ember (also
ember-data, etc.) and @import that module on the Tapestry page. But what is
the most logical place to put custom ember code, and how best to link that
custom code to the init module?

Thanks.

>>> www.CarDaddy.com
>>> P.O. Box 735
>>> Johnstown, New York
>>>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

Best Regards
    Harry Zhou

Re: Frontend Frameworks / Libraries

Posted by Harry Zhou <su...@gmail.com>.
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but when Angular.js makes XHR
request via $http, it does NOT by default set the header, which Tapestry
checks to do request.isXHR().

See
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18168836/angularjs-resource-not-sending-x-requested-with

Therefore it appears to be necessary to do the following:

yourModule.config(['$httpProvider', function($httpProvider) {
  $httpProvider.defaults.headers.common["X-Requested-With"] =
'XMLHttpRequest';
}]);

Otherwise event handlers can throw the "JSONObject cannot be handled" type
of exception.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 4:52 PM, françois facon <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 14:21:46 -0300, Kalle Korhonen <
> > kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > React and Ember Fastboot solve the SEO problem by rendering the first
> load
> >> on server, but Angular doesn't offer the same functionality natively.
> >> There's https://prerender.io/ though, but it's another component you
> need
> >> to deploy.
> >>

> > I like the concept of isomorphic webapps: the same JavaScript used in the
> > client-side is used in the server-side for doing an initial rendering.
> >

> > The links above demonstrate it for Spring MVC, but I believe it could be
> > very easily done with Tapestry too:
> >
> http://winterbe.com/posts/2015/02/16/isomorphic-react-webapps-on-the-jvm/
> >

> https://speakerdeck.com/sdeleuze/isomorphic-templating-with-spring-boot-nashorn-and-react
> >

> This would be a great feature.
> The link above talk about Angular 2 server side rendering
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q6g9UlmEZDXgrkY88AJZ6MUrUxcnwhBGS0EXbVlYicY/edit
>

> >> Kalle
> >>
> >> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:20 AM, George Christman <
> >> gchristman@cardaddy.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Very nice Arve, do you have any experience making these angular pages
> SEO

> one

> src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/my-angular-code.js
> src/main/resources/META-INF/assets/my-angular-code.css

> with

> you

> part
> and

> just
> spa
> (i.e.
> AngularJS

> backbone
> Tapestry,

> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > http://machina.com.br

Best Regards
    Harry Zhou

Re: Frontend Frameworks / Libraries

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.

>>> www.CarDaddy.com

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arve Klev <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
sorry, I have no experience with SEO.

- Arve

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Very nice Arve, do you have any experience making these angular pages SEO
friendly?

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM, Arve Klev <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello.
> Yes it is VERY easy to to use AngularJS (or eg. Highchart/Raphael/JChart)
> with Tapestry 5.4.
> Use Tapestry as usual and let different pages do what you want (eg. one
> page as an AngularJS SPA).
> Every page use the same Layout component.
>
> 1. Place angular.js in src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/angular.js
> 2. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/angular-bootstrap.js
> that bootstrap angular and your own angular code
> 3. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/modules/my-angular-code.js
> 4. Create a file src/main/resources/META-INF/assets/my-angular-code.css for
> decoration
> 5. Import angular-bootstrap.js and my-angular-code.css in your class-file:
> @Import(module = { "angular-bootstrap" }, stylesheet = {
> "my-angular-code.css" })
>
> I have a running example here: http://tap54-arvek.rhcloud.com
> The code at GitHub:
> https://github.com/arvek-xx/tapestry54-javascript-examples
>
> In the "NgPhones"-page, I use a rest-service to retrieve data.
>

> Sincerely, Arve Klev

> > Well my way is to spend sometime on anything I find interesting...
> > (Usually  Saturday mornings)
> >
> > That is how I found tapestry and now Clojure/clojusescript, mongo, Titan
> > graphs etc... So exciting !!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Aug 10, 2015, at 9:01 PM, George Christman <gchristman@cardaddy.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the choices these days are starting to become very
> overwhelming,
> > > wish there was a magic bullet eliminating all these choices. I'd like
> > > pick a new frontend framework, but with all the advise from the
> different
> > > sources, I don't think I know enough anymore to make an educated
> > decision.

> replacing

> > kalle.o.korhonen@gmail.com>

> > with