Posted to yarn-issues@hadoop.apache.org by "Benson K. S. YEE" <be...@astri.org> on 2013/03/08 08:50:09 UTC

ContainerManager.StopContainer() does not work properly on distributed hadoop cluster environment

Hi sir,

I am writing an AppMaster application which is capable of
adding/removing container in runtime in Hadoop 2.0.3-alpha cluster. In
single node mode Hadoop environment, containers can be started or
stopped properly.

However, when I tried to a few stop containers which are launched on
different machines in distributed mode setup, I got the following
problem.

Initial setup:
Machine1)
Container 0: AppMaster

Container 1: Application Container

Container 2: Application Container

Container 3: Application Container

Machine2)

Container 4: Application Container

Container 5: Application Container

Container 6: Application Container

Machine3)

Container 7: Application Container

Container 8: Application Container

Container 9: Application Container

Stop container sequence:
1) Stop Container 4 on machine 2.  <-- It's OK
2) Stop Container 5 on machine 2.  <-- It's OK
3) Stop Container 7 on machine 3.  <-- It does not work and cannot see
any message regarding the Container 7 in resource manager log.
Afterwards, I cannot stop any other containers at all.

Regards,

Benson

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.