Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/11 17:52:59 UTC

RoadMap vs Jira

In jira we have ~ 600 scheduled issues. These issues range from
unconfirmed bugs, general wish list items, very complex additions such
as new syntax or new expanding the scope of hive. Almost everything is
marked as a MAJOR - BUG, when many things are minor wishes.

I believe we should encourage people to use the
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/Roadmap
more. Additionally when new tickets come in we should ensure the
priority and type is set correctly. It would be great if we can get
unscheduled to <100 so auditing open issues is easier.

Edward