Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcus Andersson <ma...@home.se> on 2003/04/03 20:00:54 UTC

Fat, multi-colored, sideborder to the right

Hello

First of all: I am using FOP-0.20.4 under jdk1.4.1.

So, I'm trying to create a fat (perhaps 25px wide) vertical border to the far right of the document (no right-margin at all). How do I do this? I have tried to surround all content in my header, footer and the body content with a block element and set a background-image on that element. The image is as wide as the document and 1px high so it only get tiled vertically. The problem is that there sometimes seems to be an edge rendered in the border between the different areas. Can I create the border some other way than I do now?

I'm forced to use header and footer so skipping them isn't an option. If there is no way to do this then I would like to know that as well so I can tell our designers.

Thanx

/Marcus

Re: Fat, multi-colored, sideborder to the right

Posted by Marcus Andersson <ma...@home.se>.
I know what you mean but I don't believe I can use it in this case since I want the border to stretch from the absolute top (no top-margin) to the absolute bottom(no bottom-margin) of each page and I must use a header and a footer (the region-before and region-end with static-region). My understanding of the start, end, before and after regions is that the start-region spans on the top of the document from the left all the way to the right (the same with region-after) and region-start (and end) spans _between_ region-before and region-after. If I'm wrong so please correct me. Another reason (I think) why I can't put it in the region-end area is that I want some content to flow over the border (sometimes I truly hate designers ;).

My understanding as an (bad) ascii image...

****************************  | I want my border from here...
*                   Region-start               * |
****************************  |  <-- One problem is here
*                *                  *              *  |
*  Region   *                  *  Region  *  |
*     -         *    Body      *     -        *  |...all the way...
*   start      *                  *    end     *  |
*              Region-end                    *  |
****************************  | ...down here with no margin to the right and no margin at the top or the bottom.

I have put a header in the region-start and a footer in the region-end areas and they must be there so just putting the border in region-end won't solve the problem.

/Marcus

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

--