Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2010/01/07 09:36:36 UTC

shading the pain away - creating a shaded agent jar?

Hi!

I had a classical shower idea this morning ;)

If we'd know which parts of OpenJPA we really need for the instrumentation agent, then we could use the maven-shade-plugin [1] to dynamically 'relocate' those packages to e.g. 'org.openjpa-agent...'. This way, we would not inject webapp classes into the system classpath anymore (OPENJPA-1454).

I'm not sure though how to e.g. treat javax.persistence stuff, and if it is possible to create correctly instrumented classes this way. So there are many question marks on the road.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/examples/class-relocation.html