Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Peter Harrison <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/23 01:03:22 UTC

A New Open Source App using JackRabbit: Gravity

Hi Everyone,

After something like two years of development at <company> I have been able
to open source an application which has Jackrabbit at its core. It is a
Workflow Automation system called Gravity.

http://gravity.devcentre.org

I must admit a little apprehension about telling all you clever people
because I suspect that I could have done things better, used different
tools, libraries or frameworks. I have already got a few "why didn't you
use technology X" emails. It certainly needs some love and attention before
it would be what I call 'market ready', that is fully feature complete, but
potentially is useful now.

There is a demonstration system on the site, but I have yet to really
describe in detail the build and deployment. I will be working on this full
time in the near future. It has been released under a GPL3 license.

Re: A New Open Source App using JackRabbit: Gravity

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,
I look forward to checking out your code. Thanks for sharing on the mailing
list, and open sourcing it. I also have developed an  open source app built
on Jackrabbit (+SpringBoot+JQueryMobile). Yes you are going to get far more
people questioning your architectural decisions than complementing them.
That's just how developers are. Always at the ready to pick apart any
design,... including always of course those who have never having
accomplished anything significant on their own.

I always get told I should be using Sling even though sling doesn't fit my
design at all. That's just how it goes. People will look at it for 30
seconds or less, either complain or say nothing, and then just move on.
It's nearly impossible to stand out.

I hope you will consider coordinating with me, and we can see if there are
any opportunities to benefit from any kind of cooperation. I will have to
check out your code to see what you're doing, but will definitely
be back in touch with you if that's ok, and of course with constructive
commentary!

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
wclayf@gmail.com

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I can include you as well as a contributor to the Jacrkabbit Wiki [1] so you
> can add that information the way you prefer...

I missed this message and just added Meta64 to
https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks after reading Clay's

-Bertrand

Re: A New Open Source App using JackRabbit: Gravity

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Clay,

I can include you as well as a contributor to the Jacrkabbit Wiki [1] so
you can add that information the way you prefer. Just let me know you
preferred user id for the Wiki.

Michael

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ContributorsGroup

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Michael,

Thanks for your help with this, here is my user account id : “SergeHuber”

cheers,
  Serge…

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
Serge,