Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matthew Montgomery <ma...@oracle.com> on 2010/03/23 16:13:14 UTC

TypePad AntiSpam Plugin

Hi all,

I've created a comment validator plugin for the TypePad AntiSpam service. This service is free for personal and commercial use and actually uses the Akismet API. This being the case, I can pretty easily merge the new service into the existing Akismet plugin. It would default to the Akismet service but allow selection of TypePad AntiSpam as well. Submitting a patch for the completely separate plugin is perfectly fine as well but seems somewhat undesirable due to the duplication. Assuming there is interest in this, what opinions are there around the preferred approach?

--
Matthew Montgomery
Product Development IT

Re: TypePad AntiSpam Plugin

Posted by Matthew Montgomery <ma...@oracle.com>.
On Mar 24, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Dave wrote:

> I would be fine with either approach, one plugin or two. If the only
> different is the URL, one plugin seems preferable IMHO.
>
> - Dave

I am going to deploy it to production as a separate plugin for now. Assuming there aren't any problems with it and the service itself, I'll combine the two plugins and file a patch in JIRA against the trunk.

Thanks.

--
Matthew Montgomery
Product Development IT