Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rigas Parathyras <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/20 12:35:43 UTC

Copy-paste works with CID

Hello,
We migrated to FOP 0.93 and used Liberation Serif fonts (from Redhat) CID
embedded. It is a pleasant surprise that the search / copy-paste
functionality works in Acrobat reader? Are we simply lucky or has anything
changed?
Thanks
Rigas

Re: Copy-paste works with CID

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Rigas Parathyras wrote:

> Hello,
> We migrated to FOP 0.93 and used Liberation Serif fonts (from Redhat)
> CID embedded. It is a pleasant surprise that the search / copy-paste
> functionality works in Acrobat reader? Are we simply lucky or has
> anything changed?

Well *lots* has changed since 0.20.5. FOP has been completely
re-written! Some of the changes are listed here:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html

It is a very long list but its not complete! There is an entry for CID
font support near the top.

Chris