Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Robert Piotti <rp...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/01/12 14:48:04 UTC

Hive Support

Hello Guys,I am running Hive 13.1 with Spark and want to experiment with Drill using Hive 13.1 as a data source.  I saw on the Drill WIKI that only Hive 12 was supported.  Is anyone using Hive 13+ or 14?  Ideally, there will be some documentation on how to change Hive versions in Drill to maintain Hive compatibility with the same version that Apache Spark supports.   Spark releases a new version every 3 mos and the associated Hive version usually gets bumped up with each release.
Thanks,
Bob

Re: Hive Support

Posted by Jim Bates <jb...@maprtech.com>.
If you are using just one Hive instance then you can just upgrade Hive.
Thats a little more then just saying that but after moving to drill 0.7 and
from Hive 12 to Hive 13 I didn't have any issues. The main config
properties that tie the two together is the storage config. I didn't build
drill, I used an rpm.

{
  "type": "hive",
  "enabled": true,
  "configProps": {
    "hive.metastore.uris": "thrift://<localhost>:<port>",
    "hive.metastore.sasl.enabled": "false"
  }
}

Re: Hive Support