Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by CARLIER Sophie <so...@eurocontrol.int> on 2002/04/16 10:25:08 UTC

Schema versioning

Hello,

I am using XML Schema and I have some questions to support Schema
versioning.
I would like to use the standard attribute "version" in my schemas.
Is there a way to get it directly with some API method (like
getSchema().getVersion() ), or should I open the schema as an XML file and
look for this property by myself?
I went through the Javadoc, but it did not see something that allows to get
properties from the schema against which we validate the xml document. What
disturbs me more is that I have no idea on how to know which schema file is
actually used to validate the xml document. I think there is some clever way
for the parser to find it (either from one option on the command line or
from what it finds in the noNamespaceSchemaLocation / SchemaLocation
attributes). But how can I access to this property?

Thanks,

Sophie Carlier
Eurocontrol Experimental Centre
France