Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2023/01/03 15:53:50 UTC

Re: Jakarta for Beginners

Amn,

On 12/30/22 20:39, Amn Ojee Uw wrote:
> Before going any further, I have never program a Enterprise Web Page. I
> know a little of  HTML and enough of Java and JavaScript and C++ to find
> my way around, but I am not expert either.
> Having said that, I would like to get my toes wet in the immense ocean
> of Jakarta EE 10 and Tomcat/Glassfish. Does anyone here knows a good
> tutorial/book that would help me at least understand what the heck
> Enterprise Web Development is.
> Thanks in advance.

Long ago, I wrote an article for the Linux Journal about Java Web
Applications, mostly focused on Java Server Pages (JSPs) because it's
pretty easy to get started that way.

It's available publicly (though missing a little but of formatting) here:
https://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10810

It was written 12 years ago, but should still be relevant.

Most Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) provide out-of-the-box
"web application starter" projects where you can get something up and
running quickly even if you aren't really sure what you are doing.
Popular IDEs for Java include Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, and VSCode
which I believe are all freely-available, or at least have free versions
available.

Hope that helps,
-chris

Re: Jakarta for Beginners

Posted by hantsy bai <ha...@gmail.com>.
Follow the official starter guide to create a Jakarta EE project, and if
you are new to Jakarta EE 10, check the FirstCup tutorial, and read the
Jakarta EE tutorial for all specifications.

https://start.jakarta.ee/

All related tutorials links can be found in the above link.

---

Regards,

*Hantsy Bai*

Self-employed consultant, fullstack developer, agile coach,
freelancer/remote worker

GitHub: https://github.com/hantsy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/@hantsy
Medium: https://medium.com/@hantsy