Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 10:25:11 UTC

Re: How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo

Yes, you are right, in the beginning, I add the exclusion to limit the
export packages while using * in the export-package configuration of
felix-maven-plugin, now, I always explicitly add the export packages name
list.

Another thing I am thinking is that what version should be added. If the
original non-bundlized dependency is of version 1.0, while Geronimo uses
1.1, so which version should be added ? I prefered to include the one used
in Geronimo, so that we could avoid so much exclusions in the Geronimo's pom
file. Any comment ?

--
Ivan

Re: How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Dec 2, 2009, at 1:49 AM, Ivan wrote:

> For example, when creating bundlized file for commons-fileupload, in
> the pom file of commons-fileupload, it has a dependency of
> <dependency>
>       <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
>       <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
>       <version>1.1</version>
>     </dependency>
> In Geronimo, we are using
>
> <dependency>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-
> io</artifactId>
>                 <version>1.3.2_4-SNAPSHOT</version>
>             </dependency>
> which packaged commons-io/commons-io/1.3.
>
> I am just thinking, if the bundlized commons-fileupload is used for
> Geronimo, so we could add the org.apache.servicemix.bundles/
> org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-io/1.3.2_4-SNAPSHOT in the pom
> file. But if the bundlized commons-fileupload is also used by other
> guys, they would find the commons-io version is not the same with
> its original one.

OK, now I see what you mean :-)

I think we should depend on the latest version we can, similar to your
example above.  I'd hope that if the original project bundleized
itself it would also move to the latest version of its dependencies.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan

Re: How to define those bundlized dependencies which would be published by Geronimo

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.