Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/08/19 18:21:50 UTC

Manifest Entries, copyrights, and notices

There are some instances where we don't have the proper header (i.e. no
header,
or a header meant for another company/generated by a tool).  Usually
these are
in the testcases--but they need to be fixed.

There are other places where Manifest entries have things like this:

Created-By: OSM SARL

Or advertising for some company or organization other than Apache.  I
personally
don't think it is appropriate.  The most advertising I can support is
the email
address like somebody@osm.sarl.com or something like that.

We are first and formost an Apache community, and everything in our
source code
should support that.

Can we rectify these issues?

If we have a "Created-By" attribute in our manifest entries, it should
read
"Apache Software Foundation", "Apache Avalon Community", or something to
that
affect.  If the source code is in Avalon's CVS it is Apache code,
originating
from Apache's community--not another company's code.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

RE: Manifest Entries, copyrights, and notices

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
> From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com]
>
> Too late Hypocrite ;)

Well, I fixed my mess.  Others have to fix theirs....

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Too late Hypocrite ;)

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Done.