Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Simon Chu <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 01:30:07 UTC

missing libraries when starting hadoop daemon

hadoop@zoe:/opt/hadoop-0.18.3> hadoop start-all.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: start-all/sh
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: start-all.sh
Could not find the main class: start-all.sh.  Program will exit.

Can someone help me figure out how to include these libraries?  by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Simon

Re: missing libraries when starting hadoop daemon

Posted by Anthony Urso <an...@gmail.com>.
start-all.sh is shell script; it can't be run via Hadoop.  Just run it
directly from your shell like this:

$ bin/start-all.sh

Cheers,
Anthony