Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Joern Huxhorn <jh...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/15 10:27:07 UTC

Lilith event viewer

Hi.

I just wanted to give you a quick notice that the upcoming release of Lilith, a logging and access event viewer for Logback, offers support for log4j SocketAppender, too.
It did support importing of log4j XML files already for quite some time.

You could all do me a big favor by checking out this new feature.

A pre-release version of Lilith can be downloaded at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lilith/files/lilith/0.9.40
Mac users would download the app-archive, all others the bin-archive.

The main page of Lilith is http://lilith.huxhorn.de
You can also check out a list of the recent changes at http://lilith.huxhorn.de/releases/0.9.40.xhtml

The configuration to get you started would be
<appender name="socket" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">
    <param name="Application" value="YourApplication"/>
    <param name="locationInfo" value="true"/>
    <param name="Port" value="4445"/>
    <param name="RemoteHost" value="127.0.0.1"/>
    <param name="ReconnectionDelay" value="10"/>
</appender>
<root>
    <priority value="ALL" />
    <appender-ref ref="socket" />
</root>

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Lilith is free software and open source - so please forgive me this shameless plug.

Cheers,
Joern.