Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chris brown <de...@reflexe.fr> on 2001/08/01 09:45:08 UTC

Re: Tomcat 4 / Apache connecter (Was: Tomcat 4.0 stability, etc.)

I'd like to move over to Tomcat 4, but I'm waiting for two things to become
available:

 1. Apache webapp connecter
 2. Possibility to run Tomcat as an NT Service

As I understand it, Pier might be able to give an idea of when this
connector will be stable (shouldn't have anything to do with finalisation of
JSP spec..) ; as for the second point, I'm not sure whether there's much
difference in running Tomcat 3.x as a service compared with Tomcat 4.x.
Maybe someone could advise whether the "service wrappers" are "final" for
Tomcat 4, and indicate what differences there are (if any) between running
3.x and 4.0 as a service?

I currently use JavaService to run it [Tomcat 3.x] as a service.
http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/index.html

Thanks to anyone who can supply any further info.
-Chris