Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/05 03:30:40 UTC

Updates for the DB January Board Report?

For those on jdo-dev or torque-dev who may not know me, I am Bryan
Pendleton, Derby committer and PMC member, VP Apache DB, and DB PMC
chair.

While that's a mouthful, for the purpose of this email all that
matters is that one of my responsibilities is to submit the quarterly
report for the Apache DB project to the Apache Board. Note that
although Derby, JDO, and Torque tend to conduct their development
activities independently, we make a single quarterly report to the
Apache Board.

For more information on the Apache quarterly reporting system:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting

For a long time, each quarter, I would gather information for the
report by polling the PMC members from the Derby, JDO, and Torque
communities using a private mailing list.

Recently, though, I received the suggestion that it would be more
inclusive, and lead to a better report, to widen my quarterly polling
for updates to include the development mailing lists from the Derby,
JDO, and Torque communities.

So, please let me know of any updates in your development community
which have occurred over the past 3 months, so that I can include them
in our report.

thanks,

bryan