Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hi...@gmx.net on 2000/10/10 16:57:37 UTC

build.sh -> java_home not found

hi...

i am really sorry to ask this question, coz i feel its a really stupid one
(coz i didnt found anything in the FAQs) ...but i tried the whole day and i
wasnt able to install cocoon with the build.sh

the error i get is

Cocoon Build System
-------------------
ERROR: JAVA_HOME not found in your environment.

Please, set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of the Java Virtual Machine you want to use.

ok..i know that sth wrong with my java envoronment but what ?
in my .cshrc file i set the path
set JAVA_HOME="/usr/java1.2"
(maybe wrong ?) or shouldnt i use build.sh to install it ?
btw i am runing solaris and there are 2 java env (java1.1 and java1.2)
and when i prompt "which java" i get the path where java1.2 is installed
to..

anz suggestions ?

hope so can help me

thx
michael

Re: build.sh -> java_home not found

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:22:34PM -0400, I-Chung Young wrote:
> > in my .cshrc file i set the path
> > set JAVA_HOME="/usr/java1.2"
> > (maybe wrong ?) or shouldnt i use build.sh to install it ?
> 	Since you are using csh, you should use
> setenv JAVA_HOME=/usr/java1.2
> 	in your .cshrc.

Uh. Think it's:

setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/java1.2

(no equals). Could be wrong, I'm a bash man myself. Got too many
bad memories of tcsh. shudder.

--
Paul Russell                               <pa...@luminas.co.uk>
Luminas Ltd.

Re: build.sh -> java_home not found

Posted by I-Chung Young <ic...@puma.mt.att.com>.
Hi,

> in my .cshrc file i set the path
> set JAVA_HOME="/usr/java1.2"
> (maybe wrong ?) or shouldnt i use build.sh to install it ?

	Since you are using csh, you should use
setenv JAVA_HOME=/usr/java1.2
	in your .cshrc.

> btw i am runing solaris and there are 2 java env (java1.1 and java1.2)
> and when i prompt "which java" i get the path where java1.2 is installed
> to..
	AFAIK, on Solaris, most java command are shell script wrapper
that check the JAVA_HOME to determine the real java command to invoke.

--
Thanks.
---------