Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/15 19:04:00 UTC

Re: DERBY-1032

On 8/15/06, Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> wrote:
> I think that the patches attached to this issue have been
> committed, and there aren't any patches awaiting review.
>
> In my opinion, there's no rush to remove the existing
> "frameworks" scripts, but it would be nice to see the new
> scripts appear in the distributions relatively soon so
> that people could start gaining experience with them from
> the distributions.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for noticing that. So, I've added a new patch to DERBY-1032
that adds the new scripts to the -bin distribution and removes them
from the snapshots. I agree that the frameworks can be deprecated
separately and that there's no rush to remove them.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has any concerns with either adding the
scripts to -bin or removing them from the snapshots. If I hear no
objections, I'll commit the -addtodist2 patch tomorrow.

andrew