Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Lindholm, Greg" <gl...@neom.com> on 2005/07/01 20:48:24 UTC

Version of Antlr in Struts 1.2.7

Hi

Is the Antlr jar needed to run Struts 1.2.7 or is it only used to build
it?

I want to use Struts 1.2.7 together with Hibernate 3.0.5 however each
includes a different version of Antlr and I'm unsure of compatibility.
Struts 1.2.7 comes with Antlr 2.7.2 and Hibernate 3.0.5 comes with
Antlr 2.7.5H3.

Does Struts depend on this specific version of Antlr or can I use the
later one that comes with Hibernate?
Has anyone tried using Struts 1.2.7 with Antlr 2.7.5H3 ?

Out of curiosity what does Struts use Antlr for?

Thanks

Re: Version of Antlr in Struts 1.2.7

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Struts only uses antlr for the "validwhen" validator - so if you use
validwhen then you need the antlr jar - if you don't then you don't.

My guess is it will probably work with the later antlr version, but I
haven't tried it. If you do, can you let us know.

Niall