Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by avmpt <pa...@vmware.com> on 2018/07/18 22:47:51 UTC

Using AWS EFS as the shared file system for master/slave broker pair

I would like to use EFS as the shared file system when I set up a
master/slave broker pair. What changes would I need to make to the
persistence adapter to use the mounted EFS path?

When I have
<persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/kahadb"/>
</persistenceAdapter>

Would I need to change it to the path where EFS is mounted? Are there any
additional changes required? My activemq brokers are both docker containers
so I'm not sure how exactly this would affect my setup. Thanks!

Re: Using AWS EFS as the shared file system for master/slave broker pair

Posted by Tom Hall <th...@concentricsky.com>.
When I implemented AMQ on EFS, EFS only had optimistic locking so the pluggable locker was needed.  I can no longer find reference to it, and AWS has made significant changes to EFS locking  so it may not be necessary anymore.
Thanks,
-Tom

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.

Posted by avmpt <pa...@vmware.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Also look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6441, including the
discussion in the comments.

Tim

Posted by Tom Hall <th...@concentricsky.com>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Pluggable+storage+lockers <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Pluggable+storage+lockers>

Posted by trevdyck <tr...@amazon.com>.
Did you consider using Amazon MQ? This is standard ActiveMQ with all the
infrastructure managed for you.

https://aws.amazon.com/amazon-mq/