Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/14 05:15:26 UTC

standard-processors maven build fails?

Hi guys,

I just checked out master and tried to run misc/build-order.sh.  It got up
to standard-processors and then had 19 unit test failures.  Is the build
supposed to be working now?

I'm running Java 1.8 u25 on Windows.  I get the same test failures running
both from maven 3.2.3 and in JUnit within Eclipse.  Here's one example:

java.lang.AssertionError: FlowFile content differs from input at byte 20
with input having value 13 and FlowFile having value 10
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
at
org.apache.nifi.util.MockFlowFile.assertContentEquals(MockFlowFile.java:252)
at
org.apache.nifi.util.MockFlowFile.assertContentEquals(MockFlowFile.java:204)
at
org.apache.nifi.util.MockFlowFile.assertContentEquals(MockFlowFile.java:192)
at
org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestUnpackContent.testFlowFileStreamV2(TestUnpackContent.java:129)

Thanks,
Joe

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: standard-processors maven build fails?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
On Dec 15, 2014 6:20 PM, "Mark Payne" <ma...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Others will encounter this same issue, I imagine. Any suggestions on
where best to document this? On the Developer Getting Started page,
perhaps? Do we want to have a sort of Developer-specific FAQ page?

The guide for getting started with the source sounds like the correct place.

It would be nice if we could get fancy with a maven enforcer plugin check.

Re: standard-processors maven build fails?

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Joe,

Awesome, glad I could help! Thanks for taking the time to verify and provide feedback. And for checking out the project in general.

All,

Others will encounter this same issue, I imagine. Any suggestions on where best to document this? On the Developer Getting Started page, perhaps? Do we want to have a sort of Developer-specific FAQ page?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Joe,

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Joe,

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

have you tested that on command line only ?

I have run the test on Mac OS by using misc/build-order.sh which
produces exactly a single test failure...

testImportTemplate(org.apache.nifi.integration.accesscontrol.DfmAccessControlTest)
  Time elapsed: 0.271 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<201> but was:<200>
	at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
	at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:743)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:555)
	at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:542)
	at
org.apache.nifi.integration.accesscontrol.DfmAccessControlTest.testImportTemplate(DfmAccessControlTest.java:1310)

Running org.apache.nifi.integration.accesscontrol.ReadOnlyAccessControlTest
Tests run: 39, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 9.53
sec - in org.apache.nifi.integration.accesscontrol.ReadOnlyAccessControlTest