Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mehdi Ben Haj Abbes <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/16 11:19:58 UTC

Inserting different versions for a KeyValue through 2 HFiles while bulkloading

Hi folks,

I'm doing bulk loading. Let's imagine that I wrote a first version for a
given KeyValue in HFile that I loaded in my table. Then for a further
integration I will write another HFile that will contain a new version of
the "same" KeyValue I wrote before. Will the second bulk load succeed. If
yes how the ordering is handled among the two versions located in the two
different HFiles

Best regards,

--
Mehdi BEN HAJ ABBES

Re: Inserting different versions for a KeyValue through 2 HFiles while bulkloading

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mehdi,

HBase wil sort the KeyValues based on the timestamp. So if you keep just
one version only the last one will be returned. If you keep more than one
and ask them all of them, then you will get both, ordered by timestamp.

HTH

JMS