Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gregg D Bolinger <gt...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/26 00:46:34 UTC

URL

When I started my app today no matter what link or page I clicked on
my url didn't change, which I liked and I thought was a "Tapestry
Feature".  Now, out of nowhere, I am getting things in the URL like:

http://localhost:8080/anykey/?service=page/Login

I'ts not that big of a deal and I could be wrong about the feature.
But I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do.  The
component is a @PageLink when this happens to the URL.  If I switched
to a DirectLink and used the IRequestCycle to find the page, would
that fix the problem?

Gregg

Re: URL

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Gregg D Bolinger <gthought <at> gmail.com> writes:

> When I started my app today no matter what link or page I clicked on
> my url didn't change, which I liked and I thought was a "Tapestry
> Feature".

It's just that if the request is POST (eg, submit button), the
URL is most likely always http://localhost:8080/yourapp/app, so
the url in the browser is not changed. If it is a GET (eg, a
link), the url will change.

> Now, out of nowhere, I am getting things in the URL like:
>
> http://localhost:8080/anykey/?service=page/Login
>
> I'ts not that big of a deal and I could be wrong about the feature.
> But I just wanted to know if there was anything I could do.  The
> component is a  <at> PageLink when this happens to the URL.  If I switched
> to a DirectLink and used the IRequestCycle to find the page, would
> that fix the problem?

No. But it is not a problem at all.