Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/04 08:43:32 UTC

Possible Error Creating New Deposit Payments

Hi

I writing up some online help documentation for the new functionality for
Financial Accounts and I think I've come across a minor bug or
inconsistency. Steps to duplicate are as follows:

1. Go to 'Accounting / Financial Accounts / Main'
2. Select Fin Account Id '9000' Standard Chartered
3. Click on the 'Deposit/Withdraw' tab
4. Press 'Find' (By default a list of demo data transactions displayed. This
is fine – no problems here)
5. Next press the 'Create New Deposit Payment' button and add details as
follows:
      Add a 'Customer Payment'
      Payment Method Type 'Cash'
      Leave Credit Card details blank,
      From Party Id 'DemoCustomer',
      To Party Id' 'Company'
      Effective Date = current date and time
      Amount = 99 (Any memorable amount will do!)
      Click the 'Deposit Payment in : Standard Charted' box
6. Press the 'Create' button
7. The new payment and deposit transactions are created.

Here is where I see the inconsistency...
Press 'Find' again on the 'Deposit / Withdraw' tab and and you will see that
the new deposit payment transaction is not displayed. This means that you
cant add it to a batch payment group or make a deposit slip for it.

However if you use the 'Transactions' tab for the Standard Chartered
Financial Account you will see that the deposit payment transaction does
appear in the list of Standard Chartered transactions and also that the
payment transaction has been created correctly.

This also happens when you create a New Withdrawal Payment too. I would have
expected them to be displayed.

Does anyone know if this is the expected behaviour - if it isnt then I'll
create a Jira.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Possible Error Creating New Deposit Payments

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sharan,

Thanks for the update

Jacques