Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Katie Wilkie <Ka...@gtnet.com> on 2005/04/26 18:49:50 UTC

Problems deploying two portlets which reference the same class

Hi,

I have 1 portlet application which I use to deploy two portlets. In my
portlet xml file I have two portlet entries, both of which reference the
same portlet class. The portlet names and ids are unique within the file.
Each portlet has different init parameters which are then picked up by the
portlet application and different html will be generated dependingon the
init parameters. I have an entry for each portlet in the psml file, each
entry referencin a different portlet in my portlet xml file.

When I try to display the page both portlets appear with the same content
(that which would be returned with the init parameters of the first portlet
in the portlet xml file). Debugging my portlet class I find that although
the class is called twice as expected, in both cases the portlet name passed
in the portlet config is the same (that of the first portlet in the portlet
xml file).

Can you help?

Thanks.

Katie Wilkie.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Re: Problems deploying two portlets which reference the same class

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Katie,

While I certainly would like to take a look your problem, I don't have anymore
time this week.
I suggest creating a JIRA issue. I'll pick it up (assign it to me) when I see
it created and will try to look into this next week.
I hope we can roll out M3 end of next week so if this should be fixed before
that, you best provide as much info as you can (if possible with a
demo/mini/skeleton application exposing the problem).

Ate

Posted by Katie Wilkie <Ka...@gtnet.com>.
Some further information:

Using Jetspeed 2 M2 with Jboss 3.2.7