Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/01/17 23:05:03 UTC

not a bug actually, minor suggestion for mod_userdir.c (fwd)

Hmmm. How common is this ?. If it's not that common then this is
one for the patches dir at best.

(I hope it attaches properly).

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
Making directory structures on a somewhat tiered level (heck,
/u/m/s/mslemko is my homedir on some server) isn't unusual, but:

	- many people have the people in the password file, so it doesn't
	  matter
	- other people use different structure, so no one patch will
	  work for any large number of sites.
	- if you are a large site and can't hack it in yourself, you have
	  other things to worry about.

I think it could go to the "semi-hack patches for very site-specific
things" directory; having source means you can do these things very
easily, and examples don't hurt.