Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Noel O'Brien <no...@newbay.com> on 2009/09/04 12:24:55 UTC

Re: Heap size in jmeter.bat file

Hi,

-Xms<size> set initial Java heap size
-Xmx<size> set maximum Java heap size

If your machine only has 512 memory and you're setting the minimum JVM memory to 512, then either JMeter will not start or you'll get an OutOfMemory Error. OS and native processes already consume memory, so the request for a minimum of 512 (when there isn't 512 available) will not likely be granted

Regards,
Noel

Posted by vijayakumar <bc...@altechindia.com>.
Thanks Noel ,

So Can I set the min size as 128 and max size as 512 as my machine memory
size is 512 . Is this okay ?

Thanking You
With warm regards,
Vijayakumar.C