Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Irina <ir...@nas.net> on 2005/08/18 22:16:16 UTC

Too many recipients

Hello all,

We experienced a big problem with messages not being processed and being queued on the mail server due to spamassassin being failed on a message which had many recipients.

I found the message which caused the problem in the queue and saved it aside.  When looked at it I saw 765 recipients.  This is not the first time I noticed it.  We had the same problem 2 days ago, I found the message (that caused the problem) also had many recipients in the list (428 in To: field).  We had the same issue on August 11th, in that message we had 560 recipients in To: field.

We do not allow more than 50 recipients on the server.  But this message was to 1 recipient on our server.  The problem was with too many email addresses in 'To:' field.

I am not sure where to look.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Irina