Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Eric Molitor <em...@molitor.org> on 2006/04/10 08:37:51 UTC

[Action2] StreamResult Patch

This patch allows the parameters for the stream result to be read from
the stack. I seem to be having issues running the unit tests so none
are included. (I'll probably work on some later). Precedence is given
to values on the stack over values in the XML file.

I plan to use the patch as follows

In xwork.xml I create a global stream result..
<result name="stream" type="stream" />

Then in my actions I create getter methods for the various parameters
(probably just contentDisposition, contentType, and contentLength) and
then just return "stream" as the result of my execute method.

Cheers,
   Eric

Re: [Action2] StreamResult Patch

Posted by Eric Molitor <em...@molitor.org>.
WW-1281 created

Once I get a chance to look at why the unit tests aren't running tI'll
add a bit more.

I've also been looking at an alternate approach that would allow any
Result (anything that extends StrutsResultSupport) to recieve its
parameters from the stack.

Cheers,
   Eric

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.