Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org> on 2006/11/28 07:02:04 UTC

Re: svn commit: r479836 - in /shale/framework/trunk/shale-validator/src: main/java/org/apache/shale/validator/converter/ main/java/org/apache/shale/validator/util/ main/java/org/apache/shale/validator/validator/ main/resources/META-INF/ main/resource

On 11/27/06, Gary VanMatre <gv...@apache.org> wrote:

> The only issue I see with this solution is that you can not override
> validation messages.
> Instead of creating one generic mechanism, you rewrite code specific for
> each validator.  In the
> end you will end up with a bunch of wrapper code versus common code.

Good catch ... with my next commit, you will still be able to override this,
for both  validators and converters, just like the current implementation
supports it:

* An explicit "message" property on the converter or validator
  instance itself.

* Overriding the correct message key in the application resource bundle.

* Fallback to the default resource bundle.

Craig