Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/28 15:56:08 UTC

Problems with latest repository updates?

Hi,
With the latest SVN updates over the weekend, I am now experiencing a
failure with a "missing product derivations"...  I did a "mvn clean" first,
followed by a "mvn install".  I'll start to take a look, but in case
somebody already knows the problem...

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenJPA JPA JDBC
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
Your system is missing product derivations.  Product derivations provide
configu
ration options for supported data stores and specifications.  You must have
a ME
TA-INF/services/org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivation file in your
classpath
 listing the available derivation classes, and some listed class must be
instant
iable.  Typically this file is bundled as part of the distribution.  Have
you un
bundled it, or unbundled its listed classes? If you are using ant, a common
solu
tion to this problem is to place the jar libraries of the OpenJPA
distribution i
n the ${user.home}/.ant/lib directory. Another common cause of this problem
is a
n overly-restrictive security manager.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:154)
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl
.<init>(OpenJPAConfig
urationImpl.java:510)
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl
.<init>(OpenJPAConfig
urationImpl.java:160)
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl
.<init>(OpenJPAConfig
urationImpl.java:151)
        at org.apache.openjpa.ant.PCEnhancerTask.newConfiguration
(PCEnhancerTask
.java:77)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.ant.AbstractTask.execute(AbstractTask.java
:156
)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java
:275)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AbstractAntMojo.executeTasks
(AbstractA
ntMojo.java:108)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.antrun.AntRunMojo.execute(AntRunMojo.java
:83)

        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecy
cle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:891)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle
(Def
aultLifecycleExecutor.java:729)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:505)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:64)
(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:43)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)

Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Your system is missing
[...]
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivations
.<clinit>(ProductDerivation
s.java:55)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:148)
        ... 32 more
[INFO]

Re: Problems with latest repository updates?

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Very nice detective work, Marc.  Thank you!

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bill Dudney <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Kevin,

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.