Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Avula, Srini" <SA...@aqa.org.uk> on 2004/03/09 12:44:03 UTC

Huge time in creating Driver object...

Hi

While creating org.apache.fop.apps.Driver	object, to set logger and
renderer,
is taking very long-time compare to transformation and other activities.

I am using JDeveloper 9.0.3 and JRE version 1.4.1_02.

Thanks
Srini

Visit our website at http://www.aqa.org.uk

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential,
and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee you may
not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any
attachments.  Please also destroy this message and notify us immediately by
reply.

Re: Newbie 0.20.5 question :((

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Martin,

On Mar 11, 2004, at 6:53 AM, Martín Mauri wrote:
> Hi users, I'm trying to move a table some spaces from left to right,
> but I
> just can't handle it...the only thing I come up with is adding some
> margin-left in my region-body but that's not the idea...I've searched
> for it
> in some documentation but I just got nothing...some help??

If it's part of a fo:table element, you could add another column on the
left, with a table-cell that has a width of "some spaces". If it's part
of a fo:block, you should be able to place a margin-left="some spaces",
and you should be good to go! Hope this helps!

If you need more help, send us the code for the table (and include a
measurement for how many 'spaces' you want it moved to the right), so
we can give you what you need.

Web Maestro Clay

Newbie 0.20.5 question :((

Re: Huge time in creating Driver object...

Posted by John Austin <jw...@sympatico.ca>.
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 08:14, Avula, Srini wrote:
> Hi
>
> While creating org.apache.fop.apps.Driver	object, to set logger and
> renderer,
> is taking very long-time compare to transformation and other activities.

Could you be a bit more specific ?

We would expect some extra time spent in 'warm-up' for a number
of activities. Some of this is a related to the Java VM and some
is an unfortunate consequence of the 0.20.5 implementation and may
not be improved for a while.

It could be helpful if you show some measured times and outline
your expectations. Also, include the complete set of command-line
parameters (do you use -Xmx??? or others).
--
John Austin <jw...@sympatico.ca>