Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by "Maas, Peter" <pm...@ebay.com> on 2010/01/25 17:16:18 UTC

'provided' dependencies

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to specify project dependencies which are going to
be 'provided' by the host environments.  In  maven2  I would  put the
scope of the dependency on 'provided'.

I've search the manual and grepped through the sources but couldn't
really find something similar...  did I miss something?

kind regards,

Peter Maas

Re: 'provided' dependencies

Posted by Peter Schröder <ps...@blau.de>.
since buildr does not have a real dependency management mechanism, you will have to do this yourself.

just do not package your 'provided' dependencies.  you can do this by simple array-math:

repositories.remote << "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/"

AXIS2 = 'axis2:axis2:jar:1.0'
HIBERNATE = 'hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:jar:3.1beta1'
LANG = 'commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.4'

PROVIDED = [LANG]

ALL = [AXIS2, HIBERNATE, LANG]

define "testo", :version=>"1.0.0" do
  compile.with ALL
  package(:war).with(:libs => ALL - PROVIDED)
end