Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stephen Ecker <ut...@the-pendragon.org> on 2007/02/15 00:50:22 UTC

compile error under owner-group-mode branch

in the file:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/meta-data-versioning/owner-group-mode/subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c

when compiling errors with:

subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c: In function 'harvest_committables':
subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c:197: error: redeclaration of 'finfo' with no linkage
subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c:196: error: previous declaration of 'finfo' was here
make: *** [subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.lo] Error 1

turns out, in commit_util.c, the following line is repeated:
  apr_finfo_t finfo;

removing one solved the problem

Re: compile error under owner-group-mode branch

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 14, 2007, at 18:50, Stephen Ecker wrote:

> in the file:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/branches/meta-data-versioning/owner-
> group-mode/subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c
>
> when compiling errors with:
>
> subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c: In function
> 'harvest_committables':
> subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c:197: error: redeclaration of
> 'finfo' with no linkage
> subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.c:196: error: previous
> declaration of 'finfo' was here
> make: *** [subversion/libsvn_client/commit_util.lo] Error 1
>
> turns out, in commit_util.c, the following line is repeated:
>   apr_finfo_t finfo;
>
> removing one solved the problem

I'm sure the owner-group-mode branch is hopefully out of date in many
other ways as well. (svn log shows it hasn't been touched since
January 2006.) I'm not sure if anyone's maintaining that branch anymore.