Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com> on 2010/03/23 14:56:28 UTC

Question: Plans to support Office connector in Apache Wiki?

HI all,

Atlassian supports an Office connector that simplifies creation of wiki articles. As far as I understand it just needs to be enabled by an administrator. This tool supports MS Office and OpenOffice: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/221 <https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/221>

Having a more powerful editor and offline capabilities for creating longer documentations in our wiki would be very handy.  Does someone know if Apache plans to support this at some point in time? Do some other would see benefit in having this tool as well?

Jens

RE: Question: Plans to support Office connector in Apache Wiki?

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
Thanks Nick, I will forward this to infrastructure@apache.org. Let's try to find out if / how much interest is there in such a tool.

Thanks for the info!

Jens

> Having a more powerful editor and offline capabilities for creating
> longer documentations in our wiki would be very handy.  Does someone
> know if Apache plans to support this at some point in time? Do some
> other would see benefit in having this tool as well?

infrastructure@apache.org is probably the place to ask this.
See <http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-mail.html> for details

In general though, it'll probably depend on how much work it takes to
setup, and how much work it takes to keep it running. (Much of the ASF
infrastructure is run by volunteers!)

Nick

Re: Question: Plans to support Office connector in Apache Wiki?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.