Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Felciano, Ramon" <fe...@ingenuity.com> on 2000/02/11 21:41:18 UTC

How does depends handle failure?

Hello all --

We are considering using Ant as cross-platform build format. I couldn't find
any description of how, if at all, Ant handles build failures. In
particular, if target A depends on target B, is there some sort of
acceptance test to make sure that target B actually completed successfully
before running target A? For example, I would rather not do a jar target
build unlesss the main javac target build ran without errors.

I have just joined this list, so if this is a FAQ or covered in a previous
message, please send me a pointer.

Thanks!

Ramon

Ramon M. Felciano