Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2022/10/03 13:25:45 UTC

metadata keys

All,

  I recently extracted metadata keys from 1 million files in our
regression corpus and did a group by.  This allows insight into common
metadata keys.

  I've included two views, one looks at overall counts, and the other
breaks down metadata keys by mime type.

  Please let us know if you find anything interesting or have any questions.

https://corpora.tika.apache.org/base/share/metadata-keys-overall-1m.txt.gz
https://corpora.tika.apache.org/base/share/metadata-keys-by-mime-1m.txt.gz

   Best,

            Tim

Re: metadata keys

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
I shouldn't be, but I'm disheartened by how many metadata keys are not
name-spaced.  I don't think we can do anything with these in 2.x, but
for 3.x, we should be thinking about namespacing all the keys that
don't have natural dc: or other standards.

I'm also, frankly, bewildered by the amount of custom / non-standard
metadata.  Again, this shouldn't surprise me, but...wow.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-3872

Re: metadata keys

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: metadata keys

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
Ah, there are some differences this time, except for MboxParser, of course
:)

Re: metadata keys

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: metadata keys