Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by na...@reactor8.com on 2016/05/16 20:12:11 UTC

new bigtop website

Hello Bigtoppers,

During some downtime I rekindled the effort for new site for the project.  I
based the initial design on ideas flushed out mid/late last year and
borrowing from the bigtop flyer we have been using the past 12+ months at
various events, as well as the workshop site/content I setup for some past
conference related events.  As such, the content is all in flux, including
menu at top, this is meant to get the ball rolling

Initial rev of design and homepage mock can be found here:

http://kaiyzen.github.io/bigtop/

It is currently setup as a github pages project.  Given some feedback on the
list ways back with asf supporting it, and the great tooling around Jekyll,
figured it was easiest for my dev and collaboration efforts.  As we get
things finalized we can decide how the group wants to manage/host the new
site

I am keeping notes that anyone who is interested in helping on content can
add to:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Bigtop+Website+Notes+and+
Ideas

Most important I feel will be the Getting Started content which should fill
in the average user(s) to carry out a lot of common tasks, centralizing the
details.

I will update the old jira item with relevant content updates and we can use
that for tracking the finer details and delivery.  The rest of this week
will be some minor tweaks to design and fixing some cross browser and mobile
related layout issues (mobile friendly on day 1 is the goal), as well as
starting to flush out the template/framework for getting started content

RE: new bigtop website

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.
Added linked jira to website to track any logo efforts.  Roman, left @ comment for you on it to drop any update there if you ping any contacts you have.

Here is website jira:

Will continue to put updates there and add more linked items as needed

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: new bigtop website

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Guys, I'm sorry to say this but at this point I suggest somebody else
tries to contact the relevant parties. I wish I could help more. I'm still
super excited by what Nate is doing, but right now is a somewhat
challenging time for me to help.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:31 PM, <na...@reactor8.com> wrote:

> Updated with the ibm power icon provided.  We will probably want to use a
> larger or more production ready one when we publish, icon started pretty
> small

RE: new bigtop website

Posted by na...@reactor8.com.

Re: new bigtop website