Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org> on 2007/01/29 15:32:36 UTC

mod_python 3.3.1 available for testing

The mod_python 3.3.1 tarball is available for testing. Hopefully
Nicolas will have a chance to create Windows installers for testing in
the next couple of days.

There have been no changes in the code since the 3.3.0 beta. Indeed the
only thing that has changed is the version strings so we don't need
extensive testing this time around - just a few people to check that I
haven't done something stupid in creating the tarball. Once we have a
handful of +1's I'll call for a vote from the core committers.

Here are the rules:

In order for a file to be officially announced, it has to be tested by
developers on the dev list. Anyone subscribed to this list can (and
should feel obligated to  :-)   ) test it, and provide feedback *to
_this_ list*! (Not the mod_python@modpython.org list, and preferably not
me personally).

The files are (temporarily) available here:

http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.3.1.tgz
http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/mod_python-3.3.1.md5

Please download it, then do the usual

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
$ make
$ (su)
# make install

Then (as non-root user!)

$ make check

Or for you Windows folks

$ cd test
$ python test.py

And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Apache, Apache-mpm, Python,
the test output, and suggestions, if any).

Please present your test results in the following format:
+1 OS version, Apache version (apache mpm), Python Version

For example:
+1 Linux Debian Sid, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm-worker), Python 2.3.5

Presenting your information in a consistent format will help in
tabulating the results. You can include additional information in each
section, just don't use extra commas. There is no need to include the
mod_python version in this string as that information is available in
the email subject. Who knows, one day I may actually write a script to
extract this information automatically.  :)

Thank you for your assistance,
Jim Gallacher

Re: mod_python 3.3.1 available for testing

Posted by Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu>.
+1 MacOSX 10.4.8 (Intel), Apache 2.0.59 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.5

cheers,

Ron

Ron Reisor <ro...@udel.edu> (RWR3)
University of Delaware Information Technologies/Network and Systems Services
Computing Center/192 South Chapel Street/Newark DE, 19716
pgp finger print: 0D 73 06 6F D3 6A 99 D3  F5 D5 6E FF 3B B9 7C 2C

Re: mod_python 3.3.1 available for testing

Posted by Clodoaldo <cl...@gmail.com>.
2007/1/29, Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org>:
> And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
> fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Apache, Apache-mpm, Python,
> the test output, and suggestions, if any).
>
> Please present your test results in the following format:
> +1 OS version, Apache version (apache mpm), Python Version
>
> For example:
> +1 Linux Debian Sid, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm-worker), Python 2.3.5

+1 Linux FC5 i386, Apache 2.2.2 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.4.3
+1 Linux FC6 i386, Apache 2.2.3 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.4.4

Clodoaldo Pinto Neto

Re: mod_python 3.3.1 available for testing

Posted by Jorey Bump <li...@joreybump.com>.
+1 Slackware Linux 10.2, Apache 2.2.3 (mpm-prefork), Python 2.4.1

Fwd: mod_python 3.3.1 available for testing

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@lehuen.com>.
Posted by Jim Gallacher <jp...@jgassociates.ca>.
+1 Linux Ubuntu 6.0.6, Apache 2.0.55 (mpm-worker), Python 2.4.3

I'd like to get a core vote on 3.3.1 before Graham goes on holidays. If
we can get 2 more people to check the tarball I think we can then
proceed with the vote and an official 3.3.1 stable release.

Jim

Posted by Jim Gallacher <jg...@apache.org>.
Thanks Detmar.